GOT A MOTOROLA XT626?
Android OS 4.0.4 is now available for your phone.
Below are the files you need to update your phone.
This update will upgrade your phone’s software from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4.
The update consists of two parts, Part 1 upgrades the Android OS and Part 2 upgrades the iDEN OS.
Installation Time: Up to 30 minutes
What you will need to complete the update:
- XT626 running Gingerbread 2.3.6
- 3G or Wi-Fi data connectivity
- SD Card inserted with at least 6MB of available storage
- Fully charged battery
- USB data cable
- Windows PC or Mac PC with WinZip application installed and access to the internet
IMPORTANT NOTE: This update will erase your personal data. We highly recommend you backup your personal data as follows:
- Pictures: Make sure your pictures are stored on the SD card – Go to: Settings > Privacy > Primary Storage
- Contacts: Make sure your contacts are not syncing to the phone – Go to: Contacts > Menu key > More Settings. If your contacts are syncing to the phone export them to your SD Card. Contacts>Menu key> Manage Contacts > Export to SD Card
- Backup and Restore Setting: Backs up data connected to your Google Account
Make sure Backup and Restore are checked: Go to: Settings > Privacy
- Applications: Make note that previously downloaded apps can be viewed and re-installed from “My Apps” in the Google Play Store.
- Text Messages: Download an application from the Google Play Store to backup and restore your text messages.
- Take note of your Gmail address and password – If you do not remember go to www.google.com and select Sign In to reset.
- Take note of your MOTOTALK login information. The information can be retrieved from the email confirmation received at the time of activation or Contact the Customer Solution Center.
For step by step instructions on how to complete the update please Click Here to visit Motorola’s update website.
Southern Linc does not warrant that any of the content, including, but not limited to downloads on this site, will meet your requirements or that the content will be uninterrupted, timely, appropriate or free of errors or inaccuracies. Please review such content and use at your own risk.