Find out where another SouthernLINC Wireless subscriber is located. This feature works in conjunction with the GPS in your phone. Location information is the time stamped Latitude/Longitude providing the direction or distance from the sender to the recipient in miles. Send Location is great when you are traveling with others in separate vehicles or trying to see who may be nearby to assist on a project. It's also good for parents who want to check on the location of a family member carrying a SouthernLINC Wireless phone.
- Press your phone's menu key
- Scroll to PTT Features or LINC Manager (older phones) and select "Send Location"
- Select the person you are trying to locate from your Contacts list
- Press the PTT button
- When they PTT back, location information will be provided to you
- This feature is only available on the following phones:
- Locations must be sent and received within the SouthernLINC Wireless Regional Calling Area.
Features available on certain phones, visit southernlinc.com/promodetails for more information. Send Message, Picture and Event require the sending party and receiving party to have an IP address that provides data transmission and a data package or a service plan that permits data usage on a per-KB basis. PTT Features can only be used within the Southern Linc Regional Calling Area. Your personal contact info (My Info) must first be shared with a recipient before the contact will show up in the Contact or Recent Call List. A Southern Linc service plan is required to subscribe to PTT Features. Pricing and terms of service are subject to change except where prohibited by law. Subject to permissible usage allowances; see southernlinc.com/promodetails.